Our client is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Parts Advisor to join their very successful, prestige, busy dealership in Hook, Hampshire. The location is easily commutable from Basingstoke, Farnborough, Fleet, Reading, Farnham, Aldershot and the surrounding areas.
Overview of role
To source and supply vehicle parts efficiently for retail and trade customers and workshop/ bodyshop vehicles, meeting agreed sales volume targets and delivering excellent customer service.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Receive, record and bin parts and consumables from suppliers ensuring accuracy of stock deliveries against agreed orders.
- Identify, locate, invoice and issue parts and consumables to retail and trade customers and other departments using the dealership computer system.
- Supply accurate and detailed parts quotations to internal departments, retail and trade customers.
- Administer parts invoices ensuring invoiced items are accountable.
- Establish customer needs for required parts, communicating relevant promotions and offers to customers when appropriate.
- Manage and control all parts administration requirements.
- Manage any necessary liaison with department manager regarding customer dissatisfaction. Follow up in line with dealership procedures.
- Maintain product knowledge on the full product range.
- Maintain relevant systems ensuring accuracy at all times.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Have previous experience within the Parts department (main dealer preferred)
- Have previous Kerridge experience
- Experience of dealing with trade customers and parts is essential as this is the vital part of the role due to high trade parts turnover
- Experience of dispensing parts to a bodyshop is also required
- Have good mechanical awareness or understanding of cars and parts
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail is essential
- Competitive salary including generous bonus (up to 30% of year annual basic salary) – realistic £30k OTE package for the right person
- The opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career
- Manufacturer training
- First class, modern working environment
- Variety of other benefits
- Working hours – Monday – Friday and every other Saturday morning