We are looking to recruit an ambitious Sales Manager for our client, a busy car dealership in Swindon. This role represents one of the most challenging and exciting opportunities within a dealership and consequently the ideal candidate will be of the highest calibre.
About the candidate for the Sales Manager
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in delivering exceptional results and should possess the management and leadership skills required to make a significant contribution to this business by creating an industry leading department. The successful candidate must be strategic in approach and have the utmost focus on high levels of customer satisfaction and retention. The role will suit an individual who is extremely well organised and thrives on exceeding financial and volume targets.
About the role and responsibilities of the Sales Manager
Reporting directly to the Dealer Principal the main duties will include:
- To develop sales and marketing plans and budgets to achieve agreed financial, marketing and sales targets including new cars, accessories, used cars, finance & insurance products whilst controlling expenses.
- To organise, direct and control the activities of sales staff, and administrative support to achieve plans and budgets, ensuring optimum use of all material, financial and personnel resources
- Promote consistently high levels of customer satisfaction in line with the expectations of the manufacturer.
- Provide coaching and training of all sales staff to improve their job performance, with particular emphasis on: customer satisfaction, prospecting and customer follow up, sales process, time management, product knowledge and all related items
- To monitor trade in the relevant markets and departmental performance, taking action as required
- Utilise monthly management accounts to monitor and control profitability of the Sales Department and to take any appropriate action to maximise future opportunities
This role suits experienced automotive Sales Managers as well as Transaction Managers/Sales controllers that are looking for career development.
Basic salary circa £28k, OTE £40k plus company car.