Our client, a forward thinking, mainstream car brand dealer in Swindon is currently recruiting for an experienced and driven Service Advisor to join their well established team.
About the role
Working in a busy department, you will be a main point of contact for our service customers. You will ensure that customers are called in advance of their visit and on arrival you will take them through all the necessary paperwork, ensuring that all the technical terms are explained clearly.
After this, your role will be to set expectations with the customer and keep them updated throughout the repair of their vehicle. When the work is complete you will be responsible for taking payment and selling any additional products that may be of benefit to the customer which can include retention products.
The ideal candidate for the Service Advisor position will have the following
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both customers and colleagues
- Effective time management skills
- Organisational skills in order to ensure that bookings and servicing are carried out efficiently
- Desire to take control of their own earning potential with the ability to sell additional products and services to the customers
- Previous experience as Service Advisor within main dealer environment is necessary
- Generous basic salary £20k – £24k basic DOE
- Competitive bonus scheme available (around £6k or more if you are driven to achieve results!)
- Working hours Mon -Fri (45 hrs a week) plus Sat on a rota basis
- 22 holiday (increases with length of service)
- Contributory pensions scheme
- Employee car scheme – vehicle leasing at a discounted rate
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Staff discounts on products and services
- Cycle to work scheme