Our client, a large dealer group based in Weston Super Mare, is currently seeking a highly skilled Workshop Controller to run a busy workshop within a car dealership.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Workshop Controller include:
- Determine availability of workshop hours daily & communicate regularly
- You will possess the skills to be organised and the ability to engage and motivate people and manage the day to day tasks
- Maintain progress information of each job allocated & liaise with Technicians to ensure customers are kept informed
- Monitor all workshop orders through the parts department, keeping ahead of outstanding work & parts on order
- Managing bookings, dealing with customers, creating invoices, handling customer payments
- Managing Technicians work allocation and liaising with the body shop and insurance companies.
- Ensure all applicable paperwork is passed onto, and administered by, the appropriate department
- Pass on all documentation for completed work to Tester & organise any extra work if necessary
- Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times whilst also motivating your team.
- Main Dealer or large independent garage experience is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Must be able to implement new ideas and increase performance enhancement
- Computer literate
- Flexible in approach
- Good communicator
- Balanced approach
- Ability to work within a team framework
- Ability meeting deadlines
- Good man management skills
- Focus on high standards and quality
- £28k basic + bonus ( £35k OTE)
- Fantastic working environment and top class manufacturer training